Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh Capris, How I've Missed You

Gorgeous weather this weekend in Minnesota had me outside for my long run this afternoon in capris and a 3/4 sleeved shirt - YAY! I was so happy with the sun shining on my face and the breeze blowing through my leg hairs (guess it's time to shave), I barely noticed that I was running up 1800 ridiculously steep hills. My husband, on the other hand? Not so happy about spring. He almost cried when I told him the forecast is for 50 degrees tomorrow. The man really loves his ice fishing. Freak.

Week four of marathon training was all about flexibility - my husband was out of town (ice fishing, as if you needed to ask) and I had meetings three nights this week after work. But I still managed a pretty decent week:

Monday: 3 miles easy
Tuesday: 1 hr kettlebells, 45 min bike
Wednesday: 6 miles tempo
Thursday: bowling counts, right?
Friday: 4.6 miles hills
Sunday: 13 miles mega hills

Have a great week!

21 comments:

MCM Mama said...

I'm loving this warmer weather! Good job getting the miles in while your hubby was out of town!

Julie said...

Hi Heather,
You are doing so great!! Good job this week:) I am loving the warmer weather too!! Woo hoo, time to bust out my capris:)

Beth said...

I really laughed at this because I am so giddy about the warmer weather, but my husband is sad because he loves winter and the snow. Great Sunday run!!

DRog said...

Yes, Bowling counts...great week! - D

Marlene said...

Spring is in the air! Haha, I had to shave for trhe first time this weekend since I wangteds to wear my skirt in the race yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Lakes and 1800 Hills!

Jessica said...

Yay for spring! Good for you doing all those hills... I hate them!

Running Through Life said...

great job on the training. love the weather and yes, bowling counts.

asdhley said...

I am so jealous! I am in Istanbul Turkey and I cant wear capris yet cause its so cold!

Anonymous said...

If I was able to run, I would be in shorts. Totally in capris and short sleeves for work today!

Jeri said...

wth? I was still in pants. I did toy w/the idea of shorts, but barely above freezing still constitutes pants in my world. :p

great job on the 1800 rolling hills. :)

Ali said...

it's getting warm here too ... the capris are out and my legs need shaving too.

Jill said...

I went with some girlfriends to a show at Comedy Works recently and the comedian was joking how men hate capris. All us girls looked at each other and said we'd have no clothes if we burned them. Hahah. My closet is full of them and I can't wait to get them out! Great miles there, girl! Way to stick with it!!!

Katie A. said...

Awesome week with all that going on! Whoo hoo!
And congrats on the nice weather finally - you guys are LONG over due!!!

Jess said...

Funny. I think of donning capris when it's cold out!

Nice job on the running!

Anne said...

I love spring! Good job on the workouts and yes, bowling counts :)

I Run for Fun said...

That is an awesome week, IMO! Not trying to steal your thunder...but I ran in SHORTS today! Ah spring!

joyRuN said...

I ran in shorts last Thursday and LOVED every minute of it. This warm weather has been exactly what I needed to get out there more :)

NY Wolve said...

Ice fishing? I never saw the attraction. A friend of mine said it is great, sit around and drink while "fishing". I said if I want to sit and drink I can do it in a comfortable, heated bar, with a TV set.

X-Country2 said...

I'm totally willing spring to get here. Congrats on a great run.

Felice Devine said...

It's so nice to run in capris. That's been me, too. Love it!

Nice work on the runs.