Saturday, January 2, 2016

How Time Flies

Happy 2016!  In some ways, it feels like it was yesterday that I posted last (in July of 2012).  In other ways, it feels like a lifetime.  A quick catch up on what I've been up to: 2013 - got pregnant and had my second child (a boy) in September 2013.  2014 - recovered from a rough pregnancy (during which I was not allowed to exercise) and C-section, gradually started ramping up my running and workouts.  Quit private practice and took a government job.  2015 - completely reclaimed my active lifestyle.  And that brings us here, to January 2, 2016.

I am so excited for what this year holds.  I ended 2015 with some strong races and feel very motivated to keep working and improving.  I have registered for the Earth Day half marathon in St. Cloud (in April) and Grandma's Marathon (in June).  My immediate plan for 2016 is to keep a solid base of running miles so I am ready to start training in February.

Here's what last week's workouts looked like:

Sunday: ran 3.6 miles
Monday: ran 3.6 miles
Tuesday: 1 hour kettlebells
Wednesday: ran 3 miles
Thursday: 1 hour kettlebells, ran 1 mile
Friday: ran 6 miles
Saturday: ran 5.5 miles, Pilates leg workout

I will be adding swimming back in this week after a two-week hiatus (pool was closed over Christmas break).  Looking forward to getting back into a routine now that the holidays are over.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: