Saturday, January 31, 2009

Race Report - Chisago Lakes 5K


For the third year in a row, Jim, Mac, and I ran the Chisago Lakes 5K. And for the third year in a row, I placed in my age group! (Yay for small races!) My time this year was significantly better than my last two years, but considering that in 2007 I was pregnant, and last year I was still recovering from giving birth, that's not much of a surprise.

The weather people promised a warm up for the weekend, and it was so beautiful! We had highs of 46 degrees, which felt like summer after the last month. I brought Sophie with to the race, and she was so excited to finally be outside walking around.
I told myself that I would just take it easy for this race - I am doing my long run tomorrow and have a speed workout on the schedule for Monday, so I didn't want to get my legs too tired. Of course, as soon as the race started, I took off. The first mile was 7:40 - much faster than I planned to run. I slowed down a little during the second mile. The third mile, I slowed down some more - it was pretty hilly and slushy, so I was forced to run slower. I ended up finishing in 25:40, which I was very happy with. Slower than my streak of 5K PR's this fall, but a good time for me.
Sophie was super tired from all the fresh air and walking around and went to bed early tonight, so I'm enjoying an evening of relaxation before the long run tomorrow. Thirteen miles in the morning, and then yummy Super Bowl party treats - should be a fun day!



12 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

YAY! Congrats on placing in your race, and that is an amazing time indeed! Enjoy the warm up, and have a great run in the morning! :)

Run Mommy said...

I think it is great when kids go to be because they have been outside and running around. That is the best way to be tired for kids! Great job on the 5km speedy. :)

Sarah said...

Congrats on the medal...that is awesome! Your little girl is too cute! She is so bundled it looks like she can barely walk...my 2 year old is the same way. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a race well run! Your daughter looks so adorable bundled up!

Marcy said...

GREAT TIME!! CONGRATS on the bling! Whoot!

Marlene said...

Congratulations!! Hope you had a good long run, too.

Laurel said...

Great job! Congrats on placing!

Steve Stenzel said...

That was a GREAT day for a run!! Congrats on a nice time! AND on the AG Medal!!! WOOT!!

(hey, I see you're doing the Human Race 8K - I think my wife and I will be there!! We live 0.8 miles from the start...)

Aron said...

woooo awesome job!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on placing in your age group!

I Run for Fun said...

Congratulations! Great time. Glad you had good weather and a relaxing evening.

Anonymous said...

Great job!!!!