Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reconnected, Finally

Our phone and internet went out during a storm on Tuesday night. Qwest finally came out and fixed it yesterday. Saturday. Maybe I am a touch impatient, but really, that was a long wait for what ended up taking 10 seconds to fix. Anyhow, while I was back in the dark ages without any connection to the outside world, I got in some workouts (and some rest days!):

Monday: 3 miles track (not so speedy of a workout because it was HOT)
Tuesday: 3 miles easy, 1 hour kettlebells
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: rest
Friday: 16 miles
Saturday: 1/2 mi. swim/16 mile bike/2 mile run
Sunday: Hard CORE club core workout

Except for those two rest days in the middle of the week, not too bad. I ended up getting a little (or a lot) heat sick during golf Wednesday night, which left me feeling pretty crappy all day Thursday. The heat and humidity has finally broken, so I am planning on getting so good workouts in this week.

13 comments:

DRog said...

Nice 16, nice rest days, great crosstraining!!! you are in a groove?
-Derek

Beth said...

I would have gone crazy! When we went to Wisconsin, we had no TV, cell phones or wi fi and it drove me insane. Great job getting 16 miles in!

P said...

No internet = no bueno! Awesome week of workouts!

Diana said...

Sometimes it's nice when modern electronics go haywire, I get so much more done when not "parked" in front of the computer!
Nice week of workouts! A 16 miler followed up by a nice little tri the next day-sweet!

joyRuN said...

Nice to just casually gloss over that you pulled off a sweet little sprint tri the day after running 16 miles ;)

onelittletrigirl said...

Joy beat me to it but yeah...just a lil sprint tri after a 16 miler. No big deal huh????

Anne said...

I've become pretty dependent on my internet...I hate when we lose the connection even for a few hours.

16 miles is awesome!!

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Ok, so it was FREEZING this morning! I am definitely hoping it is not this cold the morning of our tri! Haven't these storms been crazy? I drove through the nasty one that went through Rice las Friday, scary! Take care, hope you have a great week!

Katie A. said...

I don't know what we did before cable and the internet! It's sad really! LOL!

Nice job this week! And I think you need to start adding golf to your weekly round-up, it is exercise you know!
Have a great week!!!

Marlene said...

I would have gone crazy without internet for that long! Glad they have you re-connected.

Nice workouts for the week. Enjoy the more reasonable weather this week. (I am so over the humidity!)

Tish said...

Nice workout schedule for a crazy, no-power week. I'm hoping that our breaks in the hot mugginess of summer might "take" and turn into a cooler fall. Somehow exercise will be a lot easier when it gets cooler.

Teamarcia said...

Nice training week despite the heat--I am so sick of it, but hate to complain cuz it'll be freezing before we know it.

the dawn said...

that is QUITE the hardcore core workout. sheesh, i got cramps just looking at it.