Happy New Year! I had a great New Years' Eve ushering in the new year with some fun friends, and then spent a relaxing first day of the new year with my family. Today I managed to get the Christmas decorations down and the house all put back together, so I feel like I am starting the year with a clean house, and clean slate.
Running goals for 2011:
1) Run a sub-4:30 marathon. My PR is 4:31:ish, so this should be doable.
2) Run a sub-2:00 half-marathon. My PR is 2:02:08, so again, doable.
3) Run at least 75 miles every month. I thought about setting this at 100, but my miles have been low the last few months and I didn't want to set myself up for failure right away.
Triathlon goals for 2011:
1) Do at least three triathlons this summer (hopefully at least one Olympic distance).
2) Swim twice per week starting this week!
That about covers it.
I have been ramping up my training, trying to get a good base for the start of Fargo training at the end of the month. This week:
Tuesday: 1 hour kettlebells class
Wednesday: 4.5 mile run (hills)
Thursday: 3 mile run (easy)
Saturday: 3 miles (1st run of 2011!)
Sunday: 3 miles
I had planned on running at least 6 miles today, but it was below zero out and my face was just frozen. Gotta love January in Minnesota.