Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Modern Morning Runner

A long, long time ago, my running partner Jim and I were devout morning runners. And then after I had Sophie we kind of fell out of the routine. We have tried to revive it many times, but have failed. I would shut off my alarm and snooze obliviously while Jim sat in his car in my driveway. Or I would get up and get ready, only to have Jim over sleep (which often would mean I would get my pajamas on and go back to bed. Lame, I know.).

But now we are trying to get back into the morning routine and using modern technology to assist us. At 6:00 yesterday and today, I got a text from Jim: "On my way." That's enough to get my lazy ass out of bed. And in the 10 minutes it takes me to get ready, Jim is at my house and ready to run.

We're two for two so far this week . . . hopefully we can keep it up. The benefits of getting up and running in the morning far outweigh the extra hour of sleep I get by skipping it.

6 comments:

Teamarcia said...

You're so right! The benefits far outweigh that hour of sleep. I hope it becomes a habit for both of you.

Christine said...

Morning running is so hard but so good at the same time!! I wish I could get up, but my bed won't let me go LOL

Diana said...

I love morning workouts....no matter what it is!

Marlene said...

Having (reliable!) company to meet in the morning is crucial to a successful morning run routine! Good to see you getting back at it.

Jess said...

Nice job getting it done! Morning running is tough, but it must help having a partner!

Jill said...

Woot! Two for two is perfect, keep up that perfect work!