Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Signs of the Times

A sure sign that the end (of summer) is near is our ladies' golf league tournament. Tonight. Sob. This season has flown by. And with my blogging absence, I haven't been able to regale you with the usual tails of falling out of golf carts, cavorting about the golf course, and such.

It's been a pretty tame golf season. My golf partner is pregnant, so she's been drinking water all season. Since she hasn't been drinking, I haven't been either. A few weeks ago, she and I headed over to Siren National in Wisconsin to golf on a Saturday. The course was pretty busy and we ended up waiting several times behind a group of four younger guys in front of us.

On the 14th green, we pulled the flag to find a ball in the cup. And the ball said "Cougar" on it. We joked that the college guys in front of us left it there on purposes. Sure enough, one of the guys passed us looking for a club and asked if we found the ball his buddy left for us.

Seriously? Erin chose to take it as a compliment, but I was mystified. Don't I look like I am in college? Don't you have to be OLD to be a cougar? And creepy?

A summer full of self-realization . . .

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Rawr!

Diana said...

Yeah, I hate the word "cougar" these days!

MCM Mama said...

I know I shouldn't, but I'm totally LMAO at the cougar ball. ;o)

Carly said...

I am also laughing at the cougar ball. I would take it as a compliment. I do like the term "cougar" better than "milf".

Your golf league sounds like a blast!

Beth said...

Obviously they were hoping you were a cougar! I agree with your partner, it was a compliment. :)

Richelle said...

I'm with Carly... I think cougar is a better term than milf.