Thursday, October 8, 2009

Running + Sunshine = Happiness

A couple of weeks ago, I took off from the office door for a run and cursed the sun. It was too hot, humid and ugh for my liking. All I wanted was a little rain cloud to block the sun and cool me off a little.

Last night, I took off from the office door for a run and did a little happy dance because the sun was shining. I commented on how great and warm the sun felt on my face. What a difference a couple of weeks (and a forty degree temperature difference) can make!

The sun is trying to peek out from the clouds now, so it looks like my post-work track workout could be another sunny one. After what feels like nonstop rain for at least a week, I'll take it.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! I'm so jealous of all of you headed to Chicago, I can almost taste it. Can't wait to read the race reports!

8 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

It is freezing and snowing in Denver. Enjoy that nice sun on your face!!

Marlene said...

The sun definitely feels nice these days. I'm trying to enjoy it before I start arriving at work in the dark AND leaving work in the dark. Booo.

joyRuN said...

I was the opposite today! I kept ducking from shade to shade to stay out of the infernal sun :)

I Run for Fun said...

I hear ya...I look forward to getting out in the sun now!

X-Country2 said...

Isn't fall great? Chilly and sunny is my FAVORITE.

Jess said...

It's funny how just a few days or degrees can give us some perspective on the weather.

Carly said...

OMG...It was so nice to see that sun!!!

Ali said...

my run last night finish with cold rain ... jealous ... love the sun on the face, makes me feel warm just thinking about it