I had a great long weekend saying goodbye to summer. I spent all Friday doing my fall cleaning (and for a few hours actually had my entire house clean at the same time!). Sunday morning, I enjoyed a beautiful, cool long run. And then it was off to the golf course for one last tournament.
Just the usual shenanigans.
Then Sunday morning Sophie and I were up bright and early to spend the day at the State Fair with my in-laws.
Bring on fall!
I was tagged by a couple of classy ladies with the Cherry on Top Award and that other happiness award that's going around. Thanks to my tri-idol, P and my fellow Packer lover, Jeri! By now I'm sure you are familiar with the rules. And while I agree with a lot of you that I wouldn't change much because even the bad stuff and mistakes brought me to where I am today, I would change lots of little things. Like my underwear. Just kidding. But I wish I would have been nicer to my siblings when we were young. And I wish I never would have gotten that Richard Simmons haircut when I was in 5th grade.
Anyhow, onto 10 things that make me happy - the fall version:
1. The whole month of October (my favorite races, Sophie's birthday, Halloween - I love it!).
2. Changing leaves.
3. Cool running temps.
4. New shows on TV.
5. Knowing that the holidays are coming, yet still being able to cling to denial about that frigid bitch winter.
6. Jeans and sweatshirts.
7. The start of my fall "sports" - bowling and book club.
8. Soup season.
9. Colder nights = dead mosquitos.
10. My one year anniversary at the kettlebell gym - I got a free shirt AND discounted class prices.
I know I'm supposed to tag people, but my keyboard is messed up and if I have to deal with it for much longer I might throw my computer out the window! So if you're reading this and you haven't done this yet, consider yourself tagged.