Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still Not Running

I have only run 3 miles since Friday. I managed to get out yesterday morning before the rain and thunderstorms came in -- it started pouring within 5 minutes of the end of our run. The after work run was called off when I was nearly blinded by a bolt of lightening outside of my office window. I'll run in the rain, but running in lightening just doesn't seem like the best idea.

And then, there was the night from hell. By far, the worst (and longest) night of Sophie's life so far. I never really went to bed. Just walked around the living room with my screaming child. Even the never-fails triple threat of Tylenol, Baby Orajel, and a Baby Einstein video didn't do the trick. You would think that an 11-month old wouldn't really care about the difference between Baby Einstein and The Biggest Loser. And if I have to stay up all night because she refuses to sleep, shouldn't I get to choose the television programming and get caught up on my Tivo? But no, instead I spent the night watching Baby da vinci 17,000 times. And fantasizing about using one of those monkey puppets to beat myself senseless.

After a night of no sleep and a full day of court, I am beat. I would like to say that I'm going to go for a nice run when I get home (and really, I wish it was, because the weather is really beautiful today), but I think I'll just curl up in a ball on the couch and sleep. And maybe watch The Biggest Loser. Or, I could hold a screaming child and watch Baby da vinci a few hundred more times. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for watching the contestants race down those giant slip and slides.

No comments: