Last night I finally sucked it up and sort of cleaned out my car. All I can say is thank goodness I didn't get an Explorer like Eugene wanted and got the Escape instead -- an Explorer would have had me out there until midnight last night. Among other things, here's a list of things I removed from my vehicle:
- 4 half-eaten cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 skirts
- 3 1/2 pairs of shoes (if anyone sees a pink strappy high heel anywhere, it's mine . . .)
- 2 pairs of running socks (1 clean, 1 dirty)
- 7 Goldfish crackers
- 1 sippy cup
- 3 G2 bottles, in varying stages of fullness
- 1 black slip (which I have been looking for for about two weeks - so to everyone who's enjoyed looking through my skirt at the courthouse for the last 14 days, the show's over)
- running shorts, shirt & sports bra
- 2 empty tupperware containers
And my vehicle is still pretty full, because I left the following items inside: approximately 17 pens bearing my office name, 1 pair of shoes, 1 set of golf clubs, and a big bag full of baby toys. Why did I suddenly become a slob when I became a parent?
Finally, a word of advice: don't walk into the front of your office (where the secretaries sit) and ask, "Why does it smell like a pile of crap up here?" Apparently that's offensive to the person who caused said pile of crap odor. And she will proceed to send all the crazy-ass phone calls through to you all day in retaliation. Happy weekend!